FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:32 am
blackball

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
If you pre-select, do they move you to the front at OLCI? Or do they seatmap frees up?
As @jerry_greece said, it is likely that if you pre-select a seat, then you get that seat no matter what (imagine if you really wanted a particular seat in the back, and then A3 arbitrarily moved you to the front, without your consent- wouldn't make sense...).

My next flight's OLCI opens tomorrow, and I wanted to try to remove my selected seat, to further test out the theory that Golds get preferential seats automatically at OLCI. However, the system will NOT let me remove the seat! I am forced to pick another one. Furthermore, it will NOT let me pay for an extra legroom or upfront seat - it simply shows that the price is 0 euros for these, then throws an error when I try to complete the "payment". Not sure if this is a bad glitch, or if it has something to do with the fact that I'm waitlisted for a C upgrade (I doubt it...).