FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the San Diego area
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:15 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I have the same dilemma as aolj above. Trying to use a 7 night cert for the best family trip. Will be going to Zoo/Balboa Park (2 days), Legoland (1 day) Torrey Pines/Birch/La Jolla (2 days) and either downtown or Sea World for the final day.

Priorities are a suite property and breakfast, so likely either SHS or RI. I have a Cat. 5 7 night cert but have plenty of SPG points to upgrade. I'm Marriott Gold.

Options for my dates seem to be:

1. RI Scripps Poway
2. SHS Scripps Poway
3. RI Del Mar
4. RI Mission Valley
5. SHS Mission Valley

Question is, is it worth it to pay the upgraded points cost + parking fees to stay at Del Mar or Mission Valley v. Poway? I looked at reviews and they would all likely pass our standards.
Forget Poway it is out of the way for anything in San Diego (Poway is in the north country of San Diego) Del Mar is between San Diego and Carlsbad Ieggo land) Mission Valley is convenient to Sea World, Zoo, Downtown San Diego, Beaches, but it's about an hour drive to Leggo Land. If it was me, I would stay in Mission Valley at the RI, breakfast has always been solid for me.