FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Residence Inn PDX, Portland, OR [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:17 pm
wsucougarchick05

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by garkster
What about jet aircraft noise? I've stood in the parking lot of the IKEA which is about 1/2 mile SE of the RI, and the noise from arriving flights (or departing, depending on which way the wind is blowing) can be deafening.

Also, way earlier in the thread there was a question about the Red line schedule -- the last departure from the west side / Pioneer Square is around 11 PM, but from the east side Rose Quarter the trains run until 12:40 AM with the last PDX arrival at 1:11 AM -- you would take a Blue line from the west side to Rose Quarter and transfer to the Red to PDX. These times are weekdays, weekend will differ and it looks like Sunday service is lighter.
Hi! Lead Night Auditor for RI PDX @ Cascade Station here (I also happened to be a FT’er well before I got hired on).

There is little to no aircraft noise that penetrates the hotel walls. Every so often, you’ll hear a fighter jet, but that’s the worst I’ve heard and had complaints on.

If anyone is at the hotel Sunday - Thursday and wants to say hi, I’m usually there around 10:30 pm and leave around 7/7:30 am. . Or, if you’re a late arrival or early AM checkout, there’s a good chance I’ll be assisting you on those days!