FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR transit questions
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:16 am
NotSoFrequentColorado

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
It's whenever I'm required to go through the wave scanner. For the last (6-7?) years I get a false positive 100% of the time - all airports, domestic and foreign. There is never anything in my pockets, no belts or other metal, I have no implants, etc. etc. EVERY time. Use to be I'd just get a little pat-pat, now they want to touch everything - hands forcibly up in my crotch, down inside the back of my pants, "widen your stance", "go back through the scanner", etc. They just can't believe their machine is wrong even though they have a documented high rate of false positives. And my demographics? 71-year-old white native-born American woman - 0% probability of being a terrorist or criminal. I've researched online about what could be causing this, the only thing suggested is sweat - and I rarely sweat. All I can think of is wrinkles or body folds? Elderly as I mentioned, and somewhat overweight (but not really obese). I only singled out Heathrow because my latest pat-down there was one of the worst. (Dulles was awful too - and I have precheck, which they refused to honor).