FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can AA get any worse? (Charging nonstatus pax $75 standby complaint)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:57 am
asalamon

Can AA get any worse? (Charging nonstatus pax $75 standby complaint)

AA is now even lower than low. Granted I’ve never been an AA or USAir fan (loved Piedmont until USAir destroyed that one - so I’m aging myself). Having traveled for the past 20+ years on multiple airlines for business, I’ve recently been spoiled with the SWA model having lived in the BWI area for the past three years. Also having million mile status on DL and UAL may also influence my feelings about AA. I arrived at the airport early and thought I could get on an earlier flights (they leave every hour). I asked the gate agent if there are any seats and she mentions that the flight is 3/4 full. Then she checks my status and informed me that it will be an additional $75 to go standby. Great for AA’s bottom line, but not for building any form of loyalty with me! They can take that fee structure and go pound sand! They will still be a last resort airline for me. One other note, when I was flying them last week there was a soiled diaper in the seat back. Maybe they could use that $75 that others are paying to improve their sanitation on the airline. How low can AA go?