FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW Diamond Select Recognition in Asia?
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalker70

Average BW Hotel

Check In Arrived at the hotel late (past midnight) thanks for a delayed NH connection out of NRT. Check in agent promptly got me checked in. She mentioned that as a BW Diamond Select (highest tier) member I qualified for a room upgrade and was given a room on a higher floor (23rd). I was also given a letter indicating I would also get free snacks which turned out being a beer, can of coke, ramen noodles and a bag of chips. Room Room was small (Hong Kong, go figure!) but clean and somewhat fancy looking (there was a small chandelier) and had most of the things you'd expect to find in a decent hotel (toiletries, desk, etc.) On the downside there was no power outlet by the desk area, making it difficult to charge my laptop and phone up as I was using it. Most concerning, I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system of the room at night. I believe this hotel had non-smoking floors but the entire hotel wasn't non-smoking. Something to consider if you have sensitivies to it. Service Didn't make use of room service although housekeeping were professional and did their job well. The luggage storage service at concierge (2nd floor) was also as you would expect (i.e. they store your luggage securely and allow you to pick it up when needed). Dining The hotel had a French restaurant (which I didn't try). They also offer a buffet breakfast at an additional cost. I didn't try the breakfast since I'm cheap and was somewhat disappointed it wasn't offered out of the gate like at most Best Western Hotels. Location The hotel is located at a good location in Hong Kong. It is close to major Univeristies like PolyU and shopping centres. The neighbourhood it is in is also safe and quiet. Transit wise you're also pretty well covered (10 minutes to nearest tube station). Overall The hotel provided an average experience certainly nothing to write home about nor a disgusting place to stay at. My recommendation would be to check if there are slightly better hotels available for a similar cost (ideally that provide free breakfast) before booking this hotel. That being said, I don't regret booking this hotel given the circumstances (i.e. other quality hotels nearby were over $100 CAD).