FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:29 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am going to say this - I have often wondered when these sort of incidents occur, whether they caught on because of all the noise on here? We can never prove that, of course, but I do wonder nevertheless. Promotions and sales are one thing, but mistakes are another. I remember those feeding frenzies over some of those error fares - the Scandinavian one comes to mind. I forget which country it was, but it did cause a lot of upset. That is not a criticism of anyone, but I do wonder whether we kill these in our eagerness?

That said, I am indebted to some of the wrinkles that have been unearthed here and for some of the help and advice freely and willingly given to me.
Yes.

Prior to the abundance of blogs that are currently out there, it was FT that earned itself the reputation of being "The place good fares go to die".

There are loads of examples of these fares flying under the radar for years (those of us who used to use the ex-CMB F fares on EK will attest to that), and then within days of appearing on FT the fares were pulled. Ultimately, a small amount of people booking doesn't raise a flag, but once hundreds (or thousands) of people are booking F/J tickets from a remote destination on the same day, someone in fare management gets their arse kicked and it's gone.

Now, that being said, I have benefited from fares which I found out about on FT, so I personally take the 'win some, lose some' approach to these fares. Plus with the sheer amount of blogs peddling all these deals to their followers, FT is a drop in the ocean these days.