FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:35 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by flyuk
Seeing how quickly and generously they have refunded and rewarded, I get the feeling that BA are not that sure they could win a challenge in court and are hedging their bets. There are fares available for some of the dates for only £30 more on competitors (Wizz), and BA flights for only £396. Seeing that there are all the parts of a valid contract, and this is not obviously a mistake, if it were to be challenged and beaten in court it would cost a lot more to honour, especially now they are selectively allowing people to fly them.

I'd not like to be their legal team right now.

I'll be interested to see what the voucher paperwork says, I'd not be surprised if it contained legally acceptable wording stating that acceptance is full and final settlement.
Not even £30 more: for some dates, low cost tickets will cost you a total of £105 return, ie £90 less than the price of those tickets, and full service airline tickets like Aegean go for £182 so again cheaper than this. The A3 has a stop but in economy, nonstop are not always more expensive, indeed, during their sales (advertised or not) ba are often cheaper than all other full service airlines (nonstop or connecting) on many routes.

if ba want to cancel, I take their word for it that this was a mistake ie not the price at which they intended to sell, but to call it a ‘manifest’ error is outright dishonest and a distortion of an important legal protection which was certainly not designed for cases like this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jun 18, 2018 at 1:45 am