FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:09 am
Deltus

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyuk
Seeing how quickly and generously they have refunded and rewarded, I get the feeling that BA are not that sure they could win a challenge in court and are hedging their bets. There are fares available for some of the dates for only £30 more on competitors (Wizz), and BA flights for only £396. Seeing that there are all the parts of a valid contract, and this is not obviously a mistake, if it were to be challenged and beaten in court it would cost a lot more to honour, especially now they are selectively allowing people to fly them.

I'd not like to be their legal team right now.

I'll be interested to see what the voucher paperwork says, I'd not be surprised if it contained legally acceptable wording stating that acceptance is full and final settlement.
Yeah, I agree - handing out these vouchers does suggest they think they're on shaky ground. Is it possible to push this to the small claims court though? I'm not looking for an amount of money, I want specific performance of the contract. Is there any way of doing that cheaply? I think MCOL needs a "money claim"...