FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surprise, I don't miss Costco
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:26 pm
livebetter_travelmore

Originally Posted by LeonardR
I used to purchase quite a bit from Costco. When they stopped taking American Express I didn't renew my Executive, or any other level, of membership. Guess what? It's been about a year ??? and I don't miss them a bit. I get whatever I need on line, mostly now at Amazon, it's cheaper and delivered. I say this as I happened to drive by Costco yesterday and stopped in to check the prices and look at 4K TV's. it was nice to look at the inventory but I got a much better deal on line.

Who do I love more? Costco or American Express. Definitively, American Express.
How nice for you. There are many variables at play with respect to finding value at Costco, but apparently for you Amazon is fulfilling your needs. Just one fill of one of my dog's prescription medications at Costco nets more in savings (compared to the vet or other pharmacies) than a couple of years of the annual Costco membership fee. Really. While many (or most?) states in the US require that Costco allow customers to visit the pharmacy without membership, membership is required to partake of Costco's Member Prescription Program, a benefit that can yield significant savings on medications including those for pets.