FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying internationally from BWI
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:24 pm
jco613

Originally Posted by Marko123
Trip came and went and all was well even though we admittedly cut it a bit close. Got to the airport at t-80 or so and took advantage of the A-list line. The girl who checked us in definitely looked at her watch when she pulled up our reservation so that tells me they are strict on the rule, even though we didn't check bags. Precheck line was long and no one was in the priority line at TSA but since we had extra time we stayed in the precheck line so we didn't have to take our liquids out.

One thing I heard over the intercom at the gate got me curious. They said if your boarding pass doesn't have the red DOCS OK stamp on it go to the customer service desk (by the gate) to get it stamped. That made me wonder if one can just skip the line at ticketing and go right through security then get the stamp by the gate? Or will TSA not let you through? Or was this message for people connecting at BWI that didn't get DOCS OK stamped at their home airport?
I think it's mostly for people who are connecting. HOWEVER, it is also in case someone slipped through the cracks somehow.