FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:13 am
dealhunter999

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What do you mean by "gold" and "platiinum"? The per-August defintino, or the post-August defintion? Are you are aware that was is now called MR Gold (50 night annual level) will be called Platinum in the new program come August, and that what is now called MR Platinum will be called Platinum Plus in the new program come august?

So lifeitme MR Gold will be new-program lifetime Platinum.

Meanwhile, SPG doesn't count lifetime points officially, and so you cannot combine lifeitme SPG points into lifetime Marriott points.

Lifetime MR platinum meaning lifetime Platinum Plus in the new program would require that you get 58 more Marriott nights this year (which you could to with 6 meetings before August), and also 516,000 more Marriott points. That'd be pretty hard unless you're sitting on hundreds off thousands of Chase Ultimate Rewards points and/or hundreds of thousands of Diners Club USA Club Rewards points.

Lifetime MR Gold meaning lifetime Platinum in the new program would not require a single night, but would require 116,000 more lifetime points. You can get that with a combination of applying for the Marriott Premier Plus card plus buying a few thousands points and/or transferring a few thousand points from United.

But how many years did you earn Platinum at SPG, how many years did you earn Platinum at Marriott, and how many years did you earn Gold at Marriott? Because there's another way of earning status in the new program based on combined nights but combined years, not combined points.
I think I have two ways to do this.

Achieve lifetime MR gold by reaching 1.6 million points. This can be done via applying for Marriott premier personal and business card (100k + 75k signup bonus) or transferring MR points (max 50k can be transferred in a calendar year but can be more if I book reservation using her points) from spouse account. This will become lifetime platinum post August. I can't reach 2 million mark as it is not do-able.

Second option, post august, reaching 750 nights (already accomplished) and 10+ lifetime platinum status across both the programs.
Currently
SPG platinum = 3, SPG gold = 4.
MR platinum = ?, MR gold = ?.
Marriott, I was not able to get the breakdown but this is my main hotel for past 14 years (after switch from SPG) so pretty sure I have been platinum/gold at-least 6-7 times. So to achieve life time platinum premier is possible in a normal fashion post August.I will find out soon.

I can reach 516k requirement before August by transferring chase and Amex points but ratio is poor hence will not go that route.