FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder - Use Your Deadbolt, Room Incursion!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:56 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Wow, just wow!!! Please tell me that you got the room comped or some other type of compensation. I am so glad that everyone is ok and it was an honest mistake.
Very awkward situation for that other customer who walked in on you, too. I have been in that situation before (being assigned an occupied room and walking in on people)... it was at a lower end chain property that shall remain nameless and about 7 PM (not Hilton, IHG, or Hyatt) and the hotel manager who assigned me the room was nonchalant about the whole thing "oh we thought they checked out already because today was their check out day." Didn't you idiots check the cleaning log before assigning me a room? Worst thing is the guy I was dealing with was the resident manager of the property (maybe even the owner, who knows). A few things have to happen before a room gets turned around. Old guest has to check out and housekeeping needs to sign off that the room is clean/ready for the next guest. I received NO compensation (which was fine, I didn't ask for any, I didn't care about points in that program anyway and it was a work trip being reimbursed to stay at a garbage hole Wyndham-affiliated property anyway, oops I called the chain out...) and did not file any complaint.