FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Bangkok hotel advice thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:50 am
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
BinSabai is right. If you really want to get a suite, it's best to book 1 category below the suite.

I have stayed in Almost ALL Accor properties in Bangkok except for a couple of IBIS for around 100 to 150 nights a year in BKK. They will just give up a 1 level upgrade. Maybe once a while depending on the hotel/front desk, you might get the occasional suite upgrade but don't hope for it. If you are Platinum, they will just give you the Executive Club Room which we as Platinum have Access to the Lounge anyway. They will tell you that it is an upgrade but that's B***S*** to me. This is not an upgrade since the room size is typically the same.

I used to get Suite Upgrade for Sofitel BKK Sukhumvit since its inception until 2017 (last year). Sometimes, they gave me a suite with a private outdoor balcony (with outdoor dining table and even with a outdoor jacuzzi). I would get a Suite almost 100% and my stay is from 1 to 7 nights. I also used to get a Suite upgrade even when I redeemed a free night using my Accor Plus (previously Advantage Plus Free night).

However, I was told that the new management changed the upgrade policy in 2017. Since then (2017), I did not stay there anymore as there is no suite upgrade. I simply moved all my stays to Starwood.

If you are willing to argue with the front desk during check in and tell them to give you a suite rather than just to allocate the Executive Club Room, you will still stand a chance with other Accor properties such as Pullman BKk Grande Sukhumvit, Mercure Siam etc.

Happy
hmmm I never get suite upgrade even as Platinum. Is there change of management. I noticed the tv in my room is smaller and I can still see glue trace for bigger box frame which I think old tv