FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries Lounges Future
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:40 am
ABJ92

Programs: ba exec club
Galleries Lounges Future

So here I am in the newish Iberia lounge in T4S MAD. And I once again find myself questioning how everyone else is seemingly getting it so right, but BA are not catching on.

The lounge is sleek, airy, clean, busy but not overcrowded, and has been offering a rolling selection of hot and cold dishes for the last 2 hours, including a salad station throughout.

There is a stylish bar area, a restaurant and buffet area, it all reminds me of the AA new flagship lounge I visited in MIA. Another Oneworld airline setting a great standard on the ground.

So I pose the question. Why are BA not following suit? Should BA amalgamate Club and First lounge and just offer a decent, large, Galleries lounge at T5? Offering a better quality food offering throughout? Will they move away from different bowls of slop and realise that food is the thing of the moment, and people want fresh, healthy, new tastes, not just the same stuff again and again.

I see real real flaires of improvement; the white company tie up, some good marketing campaigns, new club service, a more personalised EC, but there is a way to go on the basics still.

Not really a moan I just find it frustrating and find others views on the future of lounges interesting!