FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO to NRT via PVG (on Air China) - 2 hour layover enough?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:25 am
lordsurya08

@moondog, thanks for responding. I am not an experienced traveler and I have been reading many horror stories about PVG on this website, So I have a few questions:

1. if my first flight gets delayed, causing me to miss the second flight, what do I do? I suppose I should go to the transfer desk and show my ticket, so that they can put me on a later flight. However, many posts on FlyerTalk say that Chinese airlines have poor customer service / Chinese airlines refuse to help in these circumstances. Are these rare occurences, or is there a significant risk that Air China will refuse to book me on another flight?

2. if the first flight is delayed such that there is still time before the connecting flight departs, but that time is insufficient to make the transfer, is AIr China still obligated to put me on another flight? If so, what is the definition of "insufficient" - the minimum connection time?

I haven't booked any flights yet, of course, and I have the option of going to Japan on a non-Chinese airline for about $200 more. I would like to save $200, but I want even more not to get stranded in a foreign airport with no one to help me.