FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:57 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by HLU
Hello, we are flying LAX - ZRH - FCO with about a 2.5 hour layover in ZRH on June 27th. We are US Passport holders. I promise that I have tried researching, but haven't able to find what terminal we will arrive and depart from, the level of customs and security we need to plan for and what would be our best lounge choice given our lack of status other than J class travel. I'll also admit that the Schengen zone/area discussion adds to my lack of understanding. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!
You'll be arriving at Terminal E. My suggestion would be to then head straight to the Business Class Lounge in said terminal.
But be aware! You'll need to go through customs after your lounge visit. Sadly If you go through customs first to the shengen area where your flight will be departing from (most certainly from A or B), there won't really be a lounge for you to visit. (Under construction)
In Terminal E there is also a transfer desk if you have any questions, your boarding pass for the ZRH-FCO flight should have been printed in LAX already though.
I'd say if you are familiar with the airport you can make it from E to A/B in about ten minutes (including passport control), but as a non EU passport holder who is not familiar with the airport I'd go with 45 minutes. Just follow the signs saying Towards "A and B". I think I'd also not be a bad idea to maybe have a look at the airport map: https://www.zurich-airport.com/passe...-en/site-plans

Regarding shengen and non shengen zone: The shengen zone would be like domestic part of the terminal in the US. Since in Europe you can travel through all shengen zone countries without passport control or visa needs it's like flying domestically in the US. (the shengen zone of Europe is like being in one big country).

Have a nice flight

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 16, 2018 at 4:03 am