FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to add Seattle-Osaka, Drops SEA-HKG
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:09 pm
wlau

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by acrophobia
As a frequent JFK - Asia traveler and DM, this may be the breaking point where I have to consider other airlines. It really sucks because I also fly domestically a lot, and Delta is by far my favorite carrier for that. But with how difficult they’ve made it for me to earn status and miles on my considerable Asia flights, it is getting really hard for me to stay loyal.
I reluctantly called our company's United rep today whom has been trying really hard to get us to switch, and she told me their phones are ringing all day with similar corporate customers like me... Before I explained why I called, she said oh Delta cancelled HKG and you are considering switching... She start of on a list of things they would do like matching my Diamond with 1K and match 360 with Global Services... She then went on what sounded like a rehearsed script of all the direct flight United has out of SFO... United's direct Chinese cities alone is longer than entire Delta's Asia network

Man, this happened faster than I expected...