Old Jun 15, 18, 6:40 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer View Post
I'm not the most aggressive connector, but 4 hours in ORD seems like way more than enough time (way too much imo).... I see the responses above where there are some concerns but personally I would do it even with anything more than a two hour connection... but of course YMMV.

Also, if you are connecting UA to LH won't they interline the bags? If so, then geez, I would be down to less than 2 hours.

And, if your incoming is so delayed, then likely the outbound will be delayed also so no biggie.

Let us know, and enjoy the LH F!
Thanks for this reassurance and encouragement. If it's not already evident, I'm quite the Nervous Nellie when it comes to planning vacation trips with my wife. (She's actually much more relaxed about it than I am.) When I'm on my own, my attitude is more...whatever.

We never check in bags, so interlining is not an issue. Plus, these are separate tickets.

Good point re possibility that if incoming is delayed, then outgoing may be as well...though I won't count on that.

I'll try to remember to weigh in again after it's all (hopefully) gone well!