FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:07 am
asot550

Originally Posted by asot550
edit
Just got a call back and it sounds like the store manager will be able to process a refund for me tomorrow morning.

Bought two greendot variables at wmt yesterday, and on the receipt it said that one of the cards couldn't be activated. No biggie, a supervisor and I cross-referenced the two cards with the barcode that was listed as not activated, they kept the unactivated card while I kept the other, and then I left. Later that night I got home and checked the card to make sure it was loaded, and the card wasn't activated. Fml.

Turns out, the card that the supervisor kept had actually been scanned twice, and the card I had was never scanned at all! So the card was activated then the second "activation" failed which is why the receipt printed the failure.

I went back this afternoon and luckily the same supervisor was there and remembered me. They didn't have the original card, and they weren't sure what to do but they called a few people and left messages. I left my name and number and they said they'd call me once they heard back.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? What's the best course of action since neither party has the actual card number, expiration, and security code? I only have the unique barcode from the back.
Went back the second day and "the machine was broken" that processes the refunds so I had to go back again today. Had to re-explain to the store manager and half way through he excused himself. Few minutes later a floor manager (yellow vest, not sure what their official title is) came over and explained to her. She took my receipt and license into the back, then few minutes later came out and gave me cash as a refund for the whole $1009.88. The receipt said that $504.94 was going to be refunded to my amex so I think they over-refunded me, I pointed that out and said if half the charge gets refunded to my card I'll come back to return it. Doesn't seem to be any other issue.