FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11 hrs in an E+ 763 new seat.......NEVER AGAIN !!!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:48 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by KDS777
Flew to GIG again 2 weeks ago in J like we've always been doing for 4 years straight. Unfortunately got E+ coming back......why is irrelevant.

The 767 had the new Polaris cabin which DID NOT look impressive......it was like a boiler room cube farm, and steerage had these new thin back seats which I'd never seen before. I am familiar with the ones in the A319/737 where I am typing this post from right now, as they look similar, but have reclining headrests.

I am 6' 1" and 185 pounds in excellent shape and I feel like an 80 year old with osteoarthritis and scoliosis.

Both my wife and I are crippled right now and blame it directly on these "new to us" seats. Their limited recline was assinine and the cushion length ridiculious. How you can ask any paying customer to suffer thru this torture is beyond me Oscar or Kirby. There were lots of Brasilians on board and I could over hear many complaining to their seatmates.

Anyone else have the same issue long haul ?
I can feel your pain. I have done 14 and 16 hours flights in Economy + but it was on the 3-class 772 and I was in the bulkhead. Now, when they reconfigure the 3-class 772 and put different seats with a 3-4-3 configuration in Economy, I will have the same experience you have. And I'm not looking to that.

There was a little while ago a question of what auction UA should put with the miles (for people who have loads of them). All the suggestions were nice so I decided not to add my suggestion: to take Oscar or/and Kirby as my guest(s) in a middle seat on a 14 hours flight. But I would be nice, they would be my guests in Economy +, not Economy.