FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Boarding 2018 - first hand experiences
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:22 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by djb61
I just checked in for a flight to KBP tomorrow and this is the first time I've had other people on the PNR who are also not GCH. It shows myself and my wife (also GCH) as Group 1 but our two friends with no status it shows as Group 4. I had assumed the fix for granting the same group to the whole PNR would have gone in by now but I guess not. Am I right in assuming that the wiki is still current and they can still board with us in Group 1?

This is of course going on the assumption that BA would do something that A. works and B. is effective in a good way. I think we all appreciate that when it comes to IT this is not BA's fortay

Although you've checked in already go to the 1st check in and explain to the staff there. From feedback within the thread it seems to be something they are at least happy to look at for you so hopefully the rest of your party will be shifted to the same boarding group. Of course if the new policy isn't adhered to then it could all count for .....

The alternative of course is to take your friends to the lounge as your guests and all hang out there turning up when it suits you and then who cares anyway as you'll most likely be able to just saunter on to the flight at your own pace. Although a lowly Blue at present after recently switchin to BA I've found this is by far the best way to do things if the lounge is of a decent standard.