FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:54 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Yesterday, I tried loading a $250 OneVanilla Mastercard (bought at Sam's Club) at Family Dollar. Got "invalid card number" error. Just doing the one card, no split payments or anything fancy. Tried twice, same error both times. When I got home, I looked it up, it's a good card, still has the $250 balance. Tried again today, but at a different Family Dollar, different OneVanilla Mastercard. Same error. I know I've loaded plenty of Vanilla Visas. I'm pretty sure I've loaded Mastercard that I bought from either Office Depot or Staples, but they wouldn't have been Vanilla.

Is anyone else having a similar problem loading OneVanilla Mastercards at Family Dollar?
Are you certain that your Serve account is still functional? You can test this by trying to load money from a legitimate DC (Bank or CU) onto your Serve card. If you cannot do this on-line, then your Serve account has been "cooked".

If the above is the case, Amex may (or may not) have been nice enough to send you an email telling you that the account had been restricted.