FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - best hotel in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:00 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
This is exactly what I do - just walk over the bridge from LMO to MO for dinner, although I love the F&B at LMO, especially in Amber.
As much as we loved Amber (it's truffle menu dinner was one of my all time favorite meals), we weren't fans of the MO or LMO--both were disappointing for various reasons, including being a bit tired in decor, service being uneven, uneven food/beverage elsewhere, etc.

We would return to The Upper House without a second thought. After all, it's just a 8 min taxi ride to the LMO and Amber. Of course, I could care less about pool/spa.

The Upper House is basically an Aman in anything but name (and lacks the pool/spa). I am sure if it were called Aman Hong Kong, a bunch of people on this forum would suddenly prefer it, too. Unless they want a pool/spa, perhaps. But even for a pool, I'd never want to stay at the corporate and sterile FS.

The only other hotel that might cause me second thought will be the new St Regis Hong Kong when it opens next year--since I have Marriott/SPG Ambassador elite status. But The Upper House is really tough to beat.