FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:57 pm
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jdang
Assuming if they post your event through the "Group Posting Tool", you'll receive 10 elite night credit no matter how many rooms you booked.
If there are at least 10 rooms booked for the event for at least 1 night, you'll receive 3 Marriott points per dollar or 1 Airline Mile/point per dollar depending on whichever one you have set for your account. You can earn up to 50K points for the event from the 10+ room booking along with any cost you paid for the event, catering, and so forth minus the taxes and fees.

You shouldn't be asking the hotel manager. It should be whoever set up your event. For me it was usually a third party company. Don't ask the person setting up your event for points or nights straight up. Just tell them to post your event correctly through the "Group Posting Tool".

When I had issue with them posting my event correctly, I quoted the exact line where it states I should get the 10 elite night credit and how the points are calculated. As far as I can tell, there is no requirement to post through the group posting tool. Only thing I noticed is they have to post within 7 days of the event to be compliant. I don't know if the hotel gets dinged for posting past that so they make up stuff saying you're not qualified.
Thanks for this. In my case, it was the hotel manager who set up the event. I have asked them to confirm that the contract was closed through the "Group Posting Tool" but after a week have not heard back. I will ping him again.