FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai airline hostess scam
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:37 am
moorels

Thai airline hostess scam

I would be interested to know if anyone has been through a similar experience to my horrendous one.
In September, 2016, Ihad booked a return flight with Thai Airways from Melbourne to Phuket.
I was seated alone as the plane was not very full.
There was a fellow also seated alone directly in front of me, an elderly couple seated directly to my left and an Asian man seated directly behind them.
During the flight an air hostess walked past my seat and I went to get her attention and tap her on the lower back. This was witnessed by the four above passengers.
The air hostess in question, who was overweight and covered in acne, suddenly turned around and accused me of assaulting her and touching her bottom which was not at all true. I was in shock and said I just wanted to order a drink and tapped her on the lower back.
The hostess then went to the four passengers to try and get statements from them to no avail. In fact the American man in front said don’t worry I saw the whole thing and I will back you up as you didn’t do anything wrong.
The older man to my left also said it was just a misunderstanding and nothing in it as did the Asian man seated behind him.
Falling asleep I was woken by Thai police who marched me off the plane at gun point and taken to the police station at the airport threatened with jail, forced to sign a statement of apology to assaulting this woman and then pay them 20,000 Baht, AUD $800.
I was not allowed to call a lawyer or the Australian Embassy for any assistance or would be thrown in jail.
After writing many letters of complaint to Thai Airways from October 2016, I finally received a response to say that they had done nothing wrong and that I was intoxicated and abusive which is a total lie.
I firmly believe this woman and Thai Airways has done this before with the assistance of corrupt Thai Police.
I will never fly with Thai Airways again nor probably go to Thailand again as just full of corruption.
I strongly advise others to do the same.