FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:05 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I feel the same for regional (Asian) travel. There are quite a few places which can be covered in business class in Asia for 70K inr for 1 (for 2 in coach).
Originally Posted by Shivthilak
I agree, it makes a lot of sense to redeem for travel on the Diners Website itself. Whats tempting however is that it costs only 35K points for Business travel to Singapore. Maybe not worth it, but redemption value is quite good considering the revenue fare is almost 100K
Wouldn't quite agree with you there on buying from the Diners website given the 33% discount you get through SmartBuy. It's almost always cheaper to buy the ticket with SQ miles.

The only couple of times I would use Diners redemption would be if I had too many miles and thus their value would be very low to me or if I didn't have enough miles to buy a ticket that I wanted eg: if the ticket cost was INR 80k I might use 70k miles and 10k cash to buy the ticket.