FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:51 am
MacMyDay

Stayed in a suite in The Rosewood last week, just because I felt I had to give it another chance.

I don't get it.

I honestly don't see why anyone would pick it over any of the other far, far superior options in London, other than because they needed to be in the area for business. I didn't even bother taking any photos, so uninspiring it was. A hotel with over 300 rooms is hard to get inspired by. We arrived at midnight after a delay to our flight, where weirdly someone greeted our driver to ask if he was a driver, and yet then no one bothered helping with the luggage. We were then taken to the room, given a good show around, but quickly realised they had not setup the room as we asked nor even done turndown, so I call down to ask for some basic things like toothpaste and pillow, and after 30 minutes of waiting call again. The staff genuinely seemed to care, but kept making mistakes throughout our stay.

The first suite was just hideous, with long corridors leading into a claustrophobic bedroom and a bathroom like a maze of mirrors. We asked to move and were moved into another suite that felt about 5x bigger, yet strangely was the same room category. Much better, but still not good enough. Be wary more of your room number than your room type.