FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As UC members have no access to Polaris lounges, what will be the impacts on the UCs?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:13 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Not sure why the OP possibly thought he/she would be accorded access to a Polaris lounge without flying Polaris. As a Club member I’d like access to Polaris lounges when not flying front-cabin long-haul, but I also recognize how ridiculously crowded the Polaris Lounges would become If they let United Club members in. I don’t think people realize how many Club members there are. It’s not exactly a trivial number. Pretty oblivious to think access should be available to all UC members. Maybe UA needs to change the United Club name - some might feel over-entitled as "members" and expect more than reality. Real "clubs" are member-managed and my guess is United Clubs would be significantly different if UA let us complainers run the show . UA should just call it the United Lounge. "Club" seems to promise too much.

You need a shower? Fly Polaris or look for other (non-UA) options. Certainly not defending removal of UC showers, but it is what it is.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 10, 2018 at 11:03 pm