FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:37 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Americanoo
Almost had a close call today. Went to my regular Walmart Supercenter and usually hit up both the customer service center to load and then to money center right after. I told the CSR at the customer service center I was loading my serve card, she asked how much, I said $500. She told me to swipe my serve card at the terminal and I tried but it didn't read the card, I tried again but no luck. She took my card and swiped it on her side and it worked. I confirmed the amount and tried to swipe my Simon VGC but once again the terminal didn't read, she asked for the card and saw it was a gift card, a yellow jacket was standing right behind her and she asked "can he load his card with this?" the yellow jacket guy was like "yeah if there's a pin it should be fine". I told her there was a pin, I entered it and boom all done. Gotta remember to avoid this Walmart til they fix the card terminal, nice yellow jacket manager tho.

Located in the middle of the US where the weather is always bipolar.
At all the places where I load my Serve and Bluebird, the CSR swipes the Serve/Bluebird card and I swipe the GCs. I have never had a single problem. But good DP to remember.