FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:55 am
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by mules
I give a round of applause to Dallas' wife. She did the heavy lifting for years.
Amen to that. 2nd wife, who raised my 3 and our 2, and thinks even today, she got the easy job. (She traveled with me 3 times and went home early on all 3-muttering something about my sanity or my intelligence )

Originally Posted by ft101
Why would their different but just as valid choices give rise to such venom? If your goals could be achieved without the sacrifices, then that would surely be preferable.
Venom ONLY directed at DYKWIA "Fake parents" who feel that just because they procreated, thay are more special, and more entitled than EVERYBODY else. You know who they are.

Originally Posted by thebigben
Indeed. Working hard is no substitute for working smart
Great comment. Semi-retired, but still give semi annual presentations (at the request of 2 former work collegues) for major 2 Mutual Fund/Money Management companies. The title is: "You can work hard. You can work smart. Or you can do both, and get there sooner!"

Back on topic. Business travel today is a pain. Its nothing like pre 9/11, where airlines were run by airline people focused on PAX, and not the MBA/accountants of today focused on bottom line at all costs. DYKWIA "Fake parents" only make a tough experience even tougher.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jun 10, 2018 at 10:00 am