FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reaching late night w/family - options
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:18 am
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There is a lack of enforcement of the Taxi driver in HK, so they are breaking rules, i.e. refusing ride not in their best interests, demanding extra fees and certain routes.
There is also no regulation to the number of hours one can drive before mandatory "rest". There is also no rule regulating part-time driver's hours after a full day shift of other work. All these came to light after a part-time bus driver who has just finished a shift as a cook drove a part-time bus route and caused a major accident around Chinese New Year 2018.

My rules:
If you need to take a taxi at night, ask a few questions to test the driver's alertness. One sign of a tired driver is the cigarette smoke in the car.
I tend to favour Uber when getting home from the airport as most of the driver with [assenger vans has just dropped friends or family off and is looking for some "income" to cover the return trip.

If you want something pre-booked, Klook.com has pre-book meet in terminal service that is quite reasonable. $370 to the ISland north side for a Tesla or $510 for an Alphard van.