FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awasi Atacama, Atacama Desert
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:03 pm
schriste

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Excellent stay in April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Awasi Atacama for 5 nights in April 2012. Overall it was an exceptional stay. We had the same round room as the OP and it looked pretty much the same 6 years ago. I would like to note that some properties do not photograph well and are far better in person... I think Awasi Atacama is one of these properties.

My stay pretty much echos the comments of the OP. Our private guide, and for longer trips guide and driver, was excellent and tailored everything to our needs.

Food was always enjoyable, but not spectacular. I got the impression the Awasi tried to tailor their service level to each individual guest (based on input from you guide).

In 2012 the Awasi did not have AC. I do not like heat and often have a difficult time in tropical locations with comfort, but I did not have any problem at Awasi. One big advantage of having no AC was not having to listen to all of the compressor units buzzing incessantly. The combination of lower overnight temperatures and very low humidity made for a comfortable stay. Apparently they have now added AC...

Last edited by schriste; Jun 12, 2018 at 4:19 pm Reason: Added photo