FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:28 pm
Oz Fest
Oz Fest organizers

Situation vacant: CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer)

As Oz Fest 16 will be Sydney we are looking for a new CEO. Over the last few years this role has only been done by a few people.

The CEO needs to find & book restaurants for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings. Takes a bit of research to find a reasonable restaurant for 40-50-60 people. Finding a restaurant for 10 people it is easy. Need to cater to a range of peoples dietary requirements at a fair price. Numbers tend to be firmed up only a few day before.

The CEO needs to organise some activities for Saturday & Sunday. Saturday tends to get ~75% participation & Sunday ~50% participation. Some good ideas have been suggested in the Oz Fest 15 thread.

Assistance can be given with the on-line reservation system and keeping the first 8 posts up to date.

So if you are good at cat herding and can use a Aussie Stockwhip, now it time to step forward. (It is actually not that bad)
Some one usually volunteers in January or February.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edit
Post 78 & post 80
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Originally Posted by Storyteller
The event needs a CEO, that's not me, however I may be free to arrange dinners Fri, Sat & Sun evenings. Unless I missed it and someone else has that hat now?
Thank you Storyteller.

Your offer is greatly appreciated and accepted. ^
Still need a CEO for activities during the day

Last edited by Oz Fest; Jan 30, 2019 at 10:49 pm Reason: Storyteller F&B offer