FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:07 am
jdang

Originally Posted by GBadger
I'm having the toughest time getting the nights and points for a "rewarding event" on 5 May. I had a one night group booking at a Fairfield Inn with 10+ rooms, including a contract that included my MR number on it. Based on my reading of the rules, this should entitle me to the 10 nights and up to 50k points (either at 3 points per USD or 1 point, not clear on that). However, the hotel manager initially told me that I am not eligible (makes no sense?) and after three calls to Marriott rewards the phone agents don't seem to understand the program either. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so... I have another event at this hotel next month and would really like to make sure that I'm understanding things correctly before elevating further.

Is there a specific number that I should call for issues with the "Rewarding Events" program? How have others gotten similar issues resolved? Any tips are appreciated.
​​​​​​​Assuming if they post your event through the "Group Posting Tool", you'll receive 10 elite night credit no matter how many rooms you booked.
If there are at least 10 rooms booked for the event for at least 1 night, you'll receive 3 Marriott points per dollar or 1 Airline Mile/point per dollar depending on whichever one you have set for your account. You can earn up to 50K points for the event from the 10+ room booking along with any cost you paid for the event, catering, and so forth minus the taxes and fees.

You shouldn't be asking the hotel manager. It should be whoever set up your event. For me it was usually a third party company. Don't ask the person setting up your event for points or nights straight up. Just tell them to post your event correctly through the "Group Posting Tool".

When I had issue with them posting my event correctly, I quoted the exact line where it states I should get the 10 elite night credit and how the points are calculated. As far as I can tell, there is no requirement to post through the group posting tool. Only thing I noticed is they have to post within 7 days of the event to be compliant. I don't know if the hotel gets dinged for posting past that so they make up stuff saying you're not qualified.

Last edited by jdang; Jun 8, 2018 at 9:09 am Reason: Forgot the quote