FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status extension for maternity/paternity/adoption
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:30 am
McCoy

Programs: # Neodymium #
Wowsers - customer services really aren't paying attention this week.. must be the weather.
5 emails so far for what should have been 1 simple process.

- We just had a baby boy. My wife - silver status - emailed
[email protected] yesterday, attaching the birth certificate as a PDF, asking for the status extension, and bonus avios.

#1 : I would be happy to consider extending your Tier status in light of your parental leave, however in order for us to look into your request, you will need to provide a letter from your doctor, a birth certificate or other documentation relating to your maternity leave and email it to [email protected]."
-> we re-sent email with PDF attached again.

#2 : "Whilst we do consider Member's requests on a case-by-case basis, one of the policies we set out for the benefit specifically states that the benefit will apply to Members who wish to hold their current Tier status, at the time of making their application, whilst taking time out of their usual schedules to care for a child. As such, we are unfortunately unable to give you Gold Tier status as your current status is showing Silver Tier status and not Gold Tier status, under the guidelines of this benefit."
-> replied that we were not asking for gold, just a silver extension as per the policy

#3 : "As one of our loyal Silver Members, I am delighted to inform you that I will extend your current Silver Tier status for a further year".... YAY!!
"I have checked your account and can see that your son has not yet been enrolled to your Household Account. Once you have enrolled him, please let me know using the blue 'Contact Us' link below, and I will credit them with their first 1,000 Avios as a welcoming gift. You will need to enrol him to your Household Account within six months from the date of this email for him/her to be eligible for the bonus Avios."
-> checked my account, and yes, I have enrolled my son into BA in my household account already. Replied with this info.

#4 : [sent 3 hours after reply, from the same customer service agent]
"When we applied your Tier hold, we sent you an email advising you that we had extended your Tier status for a year and that you needed to have enrolled your child within six months from the date of our email for them to receive their welcome gift.
As it has been over six months from the date of our email to you, I am unable to award the 1,000 Avios to your child's account. I understand that this will not be the answer you are looking for, but to be fair to all our Members, I must abide by the Conditions of Use set out at
ba.com."
-> exasperated reply...