FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:16 am
John Aldeborgh

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I truly believe that the phone calls they make between boarding and taxiing are a power trip to let the other passengers know that they are important businessmen. I have never once overheard a pre-takeoff call that was urgent. It's for show, and it's always the same: "Hey, it's me. I just got on the plane in ____. Should be landing in ____ and I'll call you then. Oh, did so-and-so get back to you about ____? I'll have to deal with that later."
Have we reached the point where we are judging the personal value of phone calls others are making! It's nice to see some us are without flaws, certified as both judge and jury! If everyone simply used basic common curtesy and remained aware of their surroundings travel would be much better for everyone. As for business travelers being better or worse, the answer is, yes. There are business travelers of all kinds plus, people have bad days and good days. At the same-time, the fact is, the exact same thing can be said of leisure travelers.