FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swapping Senator status within star alliance
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:32 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by witherndale
I am a Swiss Senator status holder and i am now planning my 100,000 status miles in the next 8 months so it gets renewed. I want to stay in miles and more and star alliance meet my needs but nothing with Swiss or their logo on it. Lufthansa tell me if i register on theirs, i start at the beginning and don't get my executive bonus so i have to fly more miles to qualify the first time. Anyone swapped within Star Alliance and kept their status and executive bonus. i do not need to extend validity and i am prepared to lose my evouchers and miles to get to another airline. My base is Zurich.
Lufthansa is the very same Miles&More as Swiss. So is Austrian, Brussels, LOT and a couple of more.
The program is the same.

The actual differing factor as to whether you are a "Lufthansa" member or a "Swiss" member is your address.

If you want to enter a programme other than Miles&More, there is no status matching within Star Alliance. You might be able to get a match on TK by matching to some other programmer first, but bear in mind, TK Miles&Smiles (as well as A3 Miles+Bonus, which doesn't offer status match) have very low earnings with Lufthansa - quite commonly it's an actual 0, sometimes even in business class.