FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:32 am
Wise-Broccoli8301

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I truly believe that the phone calls they make between boarding and taxiing are a power trip to let the other passengers know that they are important businessmen. I have never once overheard a pre-takeoff call that was urgent. It's for show, and it's always the same: "Hey, it's me. I just got on the plane in ____. Should be landing in ____ and I'll call you then. Oh, did so-and-so get back to you about ____? I'll have to deal with that later."
Really? Sometimes .... happens. I try to avoid calls at the airport but it DOES happen. I do also train around a lot in China, and I have had a few trips where I had to be working the whole time on the train as well as occasionally on the phone doing con calls.

Keep in mind sometimes people travel BECAUSE they need to be on site as a result of a disaster, which is more the reason why they're taking calls, doing calls on the way there. It's hard to say why everyone takes calls, but some people definitely take unnecessary calls, but I've been on and witnessed calls where I can tell people are stressed out and are taking some instructions or giving instructions before they are semi unreachable for 4-5 hours.