FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your weirdest seat-mate behavior?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:56 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Two stick out for repeated offences rather than just the odd weird thing...

1) Flying United in F domestically quite a few years back now....at boarding my seatmate asked for a "mimosa, because I'm in first class and a friend told me to order one". We had an extended taxi out to the runway because of snow and she got a small pillow and took a nap on the console between the seats with her greasy, scraggly hair falling into my lap. When in the air she decided to sleep post meal service by putting one bare foot on top of the seat in front, then another onto the console between the seats in front. After complaining that the my windowshades were open preventing her from watching the film she then proceeded to put the headphones on and pull a kind of fleece hat thing down over her face anyway. Other inflight entertainment options included picking individual hairs out from her head and eating. Even United's catering doesn't cause people to stoop to such lows.

2) I didn't know who they were at the time but Priyanka Chopra and co-star from her TV show, Alan Powell, were on an AA flight from CLT-JFK in F with my wife and I few months ago.The FA hadn't got around to serving PDBs yet and he flagged the FA down for a red wine. She then gave the FA a really hard time in the name of safety about the cabin lights shortly after takeoff and she called the FA a "dick" and said "he thinks owns this plane". Then as soon as the cabin lights were fully down she turned on all the overhead lights at their seats and was talking so loudly the whole FC cabin could probably hear what they were talking about. They then spent most of the flight sharing ONE window seat (this was a 757 with the B/E Diamonds) canoodling, which afterwards I found a little surprising because he is married to his highschool sweetheart according to his website! I was sat across the aisle so it was pretty much right in front of me. At JFK they were met by what I assume was Five Star Service as the agent was talking about how she'd just reached out to their limo driver. I only found out who they were when the Indian lady who was sat in front of them rushed up beside me on the walk out of the terminal....I'd seen her reach over the seat and shake hands with said actress at boarding so I asked who they were. My wife commented how rude she was and the lady responded, "yes, I was disappointed too". Some UN Goodwill Ambassador she is