FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious problem with US Bank Visa gift cards
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:31 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by krellboy
I have Amex and many of my payees don't take it. I buy US Bank Visa's at the grocery store with my Amex to get around this. Here is the problem, sometimes they just stop registering. You get a message "We are unable to process this request. Please call the phone number on the back of your card for additional assistance." At this point the card is useless for online use. You can still call in and set a PIN.

Once a card has failed in this way it is "marked" and the IP address which the transaction came from is also marked.

Any subsequent registration attempts from a marked IP address will mark all of the cards you attempt to register.

If you take a marked card and try to register it at a new IP address that IP address will become marked.

The only workaround I've found are to use different IP addresses, but I'm running out of locations and IP addresses. They don't seem to be setting any persistent cookies, but just to be safe you might open connections to their site in new incognito windows each time.

I've been avoiding getting a VPN, but registering X cards and then reconnecting to get a different IP might be the most practical solution.

Anyone else seen this?

Ive had that happen and if you call they will register them over the phone, a major PITA but should work.