FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General Members’ Award Booking Window Increased to 100 days!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:59 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you sure you were still logged in the whole time? Sometimes the Choice website logs you out in the middle of searching, and that's often the explanation of why it says you don't have enough points.

I just did a test booking for late June, found Friday availability slim, so tried a Sunday, and was able to almost book (did a Remove instead of Make Reservation after choosing a room) at several hotels, and then I tried Sun 9 Sep, which is just before the end of the booking window, and 3 hotels show no availability but 3 others work (again, doing Remove instead of Make Reservation on the last page before committing, but after being able to select a room).

So I'm not sure if you were having a temporary problem which has since gone away, or if you were not really logged in even though you thought you were, or if it's a problem specific to your account.

I get sold out for two of them (CH Higashi Kanda and CS Tokyo Bay) for most any date I try, but with the other 4 I find plenty of reward availability (other than for the next few days).

Btw, be aware that if you pay cash for Choice hotels in Japan, you cannot earn Choice points for those stays. Japan is a redeem-only country for Choice Privileges.
Thanks, I tried online and via app both did not work so I called in and the agent was able to book for me instead.