FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your weirdest seat-mate behavior?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:25 am
yaromac

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
What's your weirdest seat-mate behavior?

I'll start. Transatlantic 8 hour flight, daytime, Business class. I'm in the window. This guy gets on last, seems wired, talks very loudly, moves everyone's overhead stuff around, drinks copiously, has verbal diarrhea (seemed like one female FA switched places with a male FA to avoid his constant verbal bids for attention), flips his light on and off about every five or ten minutes, gets up and down at least as often, but, here's the kicker, after dinner (non-stop bids for attention/discussion with FA and switched wine etc), takes out a nail file and files his nails, holding his hands high up in front of him, for TWENTY minutes, stopping every now and then to ostentatiously blow nail dust either at me, or at the guy across the aisle, who sighs loudly and holds up his blanket to avoid it. I help up my hands to keep it off my face and focus on the movie. Which is how I know how long he was doing it for, because my arms ached. Seriously, I suppose you can put all the hyperactive physical and verbal tics down to whatever (although the light on and off was bizarre, I was in the lie-flat position and realized I can sleep with the other person's light on or off, but the constant switching is an issue). However surely that level of personal grooming at your seat is unhygienic and just plain rude?

I wished a FA might say something, but fat chance, they just rushed past as fast as they could, no doubt to avoid his attentional demands. I should have said something, I know, I just didn't want to engage or give fire air.

Go on then, what's your worst?