FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:47 am
chaser123

Originally Posted by Etp
Any DP or info about the cash advance status of US Bank Altitude Reserve?
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Interesting. It says that for Chase cards it's limited to 20% of your CL, rather than being cash advance. But just to be sure, I looked at the cash advance limit on my Chase Marriott Visa card (where I'm currently doing minimum spend for the signup bonus), and it was 20% of my overall credit limit. I called up Chase and they were able to lower the cash advance credit limit to $100. Since the payment I'm going to make in a week or so on Plastiq with that Chase Marriott Visa card is going to be $600ish, it should either clear if it's indeed 20% of my overall credit limit (since that's well over $10k), or get rejected if they try to process it as a cash advance.

I would suggest anyone worried about cash advance, who never wants to use their card for a cash advance anyway, call up their bank and lower the cash advance to the lowest it can be. How low that is varies a lot from bank to bank.
I am guessing your cahrge will be declined. Chase is known to initially process many transactions against your cash advance limit and than post as a purchase. My guess is the logic of the 20% is that it will initially process agianst your CA limit.