FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold the Hard Way
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:40 pm
duncgor

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by mwp1

IMO that is one heroic achievement mate, tips my hat

ive been silver myself and dropped to bronze which was heavy for the seat booking and lounge, will have Mt silver back next month

agsin well done on that slog 👍
Not heroic really, it’s the job.... generally try and book a recovery day when I can, read a lot of books on the Kindle, pick upper deck bulkhead on QR A380 (even though you can see the J guys chilling out on the couch in the bar through the curtain lol). Try to avoid a non stop to the Far East, much prefer a leg stretch stop in the Middle East even if it takes a couple of hours longer end to end. Worst to suffer is the ancient 777s to IAH outbound (inbound generally far quicker with the jet stream so never find it as much of a slog) but pick the very back row aisle and generally get free seat or view of any spare seats. BA and other OW seem to do a good job even as a silver of me getting spare seats next to me etc, cannot fault them for that. NC Bose headphones to avoid unnecessary h2h contact and I’m good to go 😂.

one thing I would be interested to see now I’m Gold is my CIV score. There have been some high revenue Y fares in that little lot....