FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:47 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
They are wrong (and not an uncommon event given there are two different Rewarding Events programs), I find many properties are not well versed in the MR program. I had one claim that all status was lifetime so once you made Platinum you never had to stay another night to keep status, well... Personally, I will try once to work it out with the property, if that fails then I go to MR. Unfortunately, there are some CSRs that will automatically side with the property and not do the research to find out what is right. I do know there is a group within MR that deals with rewarding events, but I don't know their contact info.

Did you ask about the Group Posting Tool? As long as they use that you should be good to go since MR is the one to issue the nights and not the property. If they don't know what that is then escalate with MR to get their contact to "educate them".
i told them about the group posting tool but they claim that unless there is a minimum spend i'm not entitled to the 10 nights credit....