FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:43 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by atomicfront
The piggish behavior is walking on the moving walkway. I assume you are an Ugly American who is to lazy to walk under their own power. I never use the walkways when I am without children. And I am not so rude that I push past people.
This makes no sense at all. Moving walkways exist all over the world. It's completely normal behavior to walk on them. Your bizarre belief that you should be able to hog the whole walkway and prevent others from passing is the outlier here.

Originally Posted by atomicfront
It depends on the position. I was replying to the person who said he doesn't want to be talked to on the airplane and doesn't want to be talked to on the hotel and just wanted to be left alone. That doesn't seem like the person has any social skills at all or if the do they are not social at all.
I'm sorry, *you* are questioning the social skills of *others*?!? That's rich.

Sometimes I'm chatty on airplanes. Sometimes I'm not. I respect that I may have a seatmate with either preference. Normal, socially-adjusted people can take cues and know when to talk and when to be quiet.

Originally Posted by tbuccelli
Following the logic of the OP, what about the customer who purchased the product of your client, are they not the ones that actually paid for your travel to be there? What if you are a customer? But wait, they paid with money they earned, so does that mean the rewards belong to their employers? That is why the argument is illogical.
To grossly simplify my take on the whole "earning" status bit: I strongly believe and support the fact that the person doing the traveling should receive the rewards/benefits. They make the actual travel easier and they provide small future payback in exchange for all of those days away from family. Where I stop short is when the notion of "earning" gets confused with some sort of accomplishment. Ultimately, we use a lot of a product, so we get some bonus product. I enjoy receiving free sandwiches at Subway, but I don't really brag about how I've "earned" them. It's just a little payback if I eat a lot of sandwiches. I don't let it go to my head.

Originally Posted by dalehill
This. I usually walk beside the walkway. Sometimes I walk on it. Very infrequently I stand on it. I have reasons for all three choices, but who cares? And if I share my reasons, someone will probably argue with me and tell me why my personal preference is totally wrong.
As long as your choice doesn't take away choices from others, I think we're all cool with whatever choice you make.