FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first First Class flight (via a convoluted route!)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:34 pm
crazyarmadillo

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tredders

Just calling it as I saw it. Having experienced Club Europe (via Avios upgrades) pretty much every week for the last 2 years, I’m pretty well versed in the service offerings in the F lounge and on board CE flights, so the differences stood out. Bear in mind that I took a cheap route to get to this flight - initial return in WT+ was less than £600, then 20k Avios and £50 for the Club upgrade, and finally £391 for the upgrade to First. My First flight probably cost less than the majority of the other Club passengers paid for their seats, so it was great value for money.

Anyway, I’m a firm believer of credit where it’s due. If I flew First every week, I’m sure that the initial shine would wear off, but this was a pleasant one-off for me, and I enjoyed it. Particularly the staff interaction.
Good on you i say. Employees make all the difference to a good trip, whether ground or flight crew. Thanks for the report.