FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access question
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:13 pm
sbiddle

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
My guess is that you won't. I had an interesting situation recently. I was on a business class ticket Christchurch to Atlanta with Virgin Australia. For my flight Christchurch to Sydney it was codeshared with Air NZ that do not have business class for those flights, so my ticket was the "maximum" is possibly could be (The Works Duluxe). When I went to enter the lounge on it, they denied me access. Ultimately, I have *G with Air NZ so they switched my status on the ticket (previously had been credited to Virgin) which gave me entry.

I think that you could possibly find a lounge attendant that would let you in (my attendant agreed it was an awkward situation and I should probably have access), but it's not official policy.
You were flying on a VA ticket as part of a VA itinerary. Technically you were ineligible for access which is why it scanned red. You were obviously just lucky somebody was willing to bend the rules for you.

This is a completely different situation to the OP above who is fully entitled to access.