FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting a stay to credit when hotel refuses folio
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:46 am
tkelvin69

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Getting a stay to credit when hotel refuses folio

Made a 3 night reservation and then added one additional night to the front end in a different reservation. Upon check-in I advise them of this and would prefer to stay in the same room all four nights. No problem, I could pay at check out. After the first night I get an email from the Warsaw Hilton thanking me for my stay and a folio of $0.00 (I am staying at the Oswiecim Hampton) and front desk has no clue why I would get this. At check-out the folio shows the original 3 night reservation with the first night place as a line item charge (similar to meal). I ask them to either change the stay dates to reflect 4 nights or remove the charge. They can't change the dates so say they will remove the charge and the manager will later make a new folio and charge for the first night.

Here's the problem - the hotel charged me for the first night and didn't create a new folio. They won't address the issue by phone or by email. The Diamond desk won't give a stay credit without a folio and tells me to contact the property. My credit card has been charged separately for these stays. I'm not sure what else to do other than dispute the charge but I'd much prefer the stay given the roll over nights policy.

Any suggestions?

BTW - really poorly managed property.